Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch
With the Activity app on your Apple Watch, you can track how much you move, exercise, and stand from day to day.
- Track your Activity
- Check Activity history
- Set activity reminders
Track your Activity
To get started, open the Activity app on your Apple Watch and follow the onscreen steps. Your Apple Watch lets you know when you reach your goals and it offers suggestions and encouragement to help you close your rings. Learn how to close each ring or change your goals.
The Move ring shows how many active calories you’ve burned so far. Complete your daily Move goal by burning active calories every day. Active calories, unlike resting, are ones that you burn by standing or moving around. Get help earning Move and Exercise credit.
For users 13 years and younger, the Move ring shows how many minutes the user has spent actively moving around.
The Exercise ring shows how many minutes of brisk activity you’ve completed. Complete your daily Exercise goal by exercising for at least 30 minutes each day. Learn how to meet your exercise goal.
The Stand ring shows hours in which you’ve stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around to earn credit for standing.
If you specify that you use a wheelchair, the Stand ring switches to the Roll ring. Roll shows hours in which you’ve pushed around for at least 1 minute.
Check your Activity history
You can check your progress for the day on your Apple Watch, or check your entire history from the Fitness app on your iPhone.
On your iPhone
- Open the Fitness app on your iPhone.
- Tap Activity in the Summary tab to see details about your all day activity.
- Tap the calendar
to see your progress for the month. On the calendar, a green dot
appears next to the days that you worked out.
- To see more detail, tap a day.
- To get information about a workout, such as your route or total distance, scroll down to the Workouts section, then tap the item.*
On your Apple Watch
- Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch.
- Swipe up to see details for each ring.
- Swipe up again to see more, like your total steps, your distance, and workouts.
- To see your weekly summary, swipe up again, then tap Weekly Summary.
Set activity reminders
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Activity.
- Choose your notifications and reminders. For example, coaching notifications are based on your previous progress.
- Share your activity with friends.
- What if I don’t earn all my Activity credit?
- Earn Activity awards using your Apple Watch. With watchOS 6, you can see awards directly on your Apple Watch.
- Track your Trends in the Fitness app on your iPhone.
* The metrics that appear depend on the type of workout. For example, route is available for outdoor walk, run, open water swim, or cycle workouts when you have GPS.